- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 large Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 large Carrots
- 2 Large Roma Tomatoes
- 1 medium Russet Potato
- 2 1/2 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp of each: salt, pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, and curry
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- Chop up all vegetables first.
- In a large skillet or non-stick skillet, bring oil to medium heat.
- Add in flour. Once substance is slightly thick, add onions and garlic.
- Add celery, green peppers, carrots, Roma tomatoes, and potatoes. Along with vegetable broth.
- Add seasonings. Let simmer on medium low for 30 minutes. Leave the pot on if you want the gumbo to be thick.
- In the meantime, cook rice and add a bit of salt to it.
- Once all is finished, serve with a slice of bread and top with parsley.