Raw/Vegan Meal #4
This meal is not completely raw. Since I am in a transitional experiment, I am testing my body to see what it all it can and cannot take. Plus, I do not have the ingredients to keep me full enough without spending more money of fresh foods. My taste buds are craving for something crunchy and gritty. So I thought, why not see how couscous and whole wheat pita bread would work in a dish?
This dish has filled me up perfectly for the night and has brought satisfaction to my taste buds. As I will mention below, I did not eat the couscous while hot only because I am trying to eat my meals as fresh and cool as possible. I find that eating hot meals makes me bloated, strangely. Well, I hope you give this meal a try! Check out the recipe below.
Benefits of Purple Kale
- Vitamin K (Cancer preventative; great antioxidants)
- High in fiber (aids digestion)
- High in iron
- Vitamin A (skin, vision, lung, and oral support)
- Vitamin C (metabolism, immune, and hydration support)
- Detox supportive
Time: Prep 30 min
- Purple Kale
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Mint leaf
- Small onion
- Salad Dressing: Tahini Goodness (found at Aldi) or similar
- Wheat Couscous
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- Vegetable broth
Step #1 – Cook Couscous
I’d recommend making this earlier in the day. Heat stove on medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth (or water), 1 cup of couscous.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with garlic, onion, and dried herbal seasonings of your choice.
- Once couscous is fluffy, add to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
Step #2 – Clean and Chop all veggies
Step #3 – Dress up and serve
- Slice pita bread into 4sections.
- Spread salad dressing to pita bread and add couscous.
- Add salad mixture to plate and serve.
Another exciting way to enjoy purple kale: