Why go to a donut shop when you can go create healthier version of donuts? – Peanut Butter Balls! These are so fun to make and easy to eat while on your way to work. Each time I eat these little treats I remind myself how much more of a healthier choice I am making instead of retreating to a sugar-filled mini donut. Think about it. Why settle for the sugar ball when you can be getting healthy protein intake? Why settle for saturated fat when you can be getting this type of unsaturated fat – a healthy fat that will not clog your arteries. Take a good moment to think about how serious you’re trying to take yourself in healthy eating and consider giving this recipe a try.
Time: 30 min
Servings: 5-6 (2 each)
- organic peanut butter (medium jar)
- red grapes
- shredded coconut
- rolled oats
- pecan crumbles (optional)
- pitted dates
- flax seed
- plastic wrap
- pan or plate (flat surface)
Step #1 – Combine Ingredients
- Scoop at least 6 large table spoons of peanut butter into a bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup of rolled oats. There should be an equal amount of rolled oats and peanut butter in the bowl. If not, then add more of each until equal.
- Add 3 tbsp. of shredded coconut
- Add a hand full of sliced grapes
- Add a dash of salt
- Add 3-4 sliced dates
- Add 1 tbsp. flax seed
- Drizzle agave as you stir the ingredients
Step #2 – Mix and Form
After adding the ingredients together in a bowl, mix them together with your hands and form into a ball.
Peanut Butter balls should be easy to form with a creamy substance.
Once the balls are formed, roll them around in pecan crumbles.
Place plastic wrap around peanut butter balls individually. Then set on a flat surface.
Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or over night.
Step #3 – serve and enjoy