I don’t know about you but I absolutely love black bean patties. They last all week long and they are so delicious! Black Bean Patties are good for snacks, lunch, dinner, party favors, and even appetizers. You can play around with the ingredients and add anying you like. The combination in the picture was a perfect portion size meal and it filled me up! This recipe never gets old. I think you should take out the time to give it a try.
Time: 30-45 min
Black Bean Patties
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 2 Can Organic Black Beans
- Sliced Carrots
- Diced Green Peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbs minced Cilantro
- 1 tsp Herbal Seasonings (dried oregano, dried basil, cumin)
- Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Flax seeds + 4 tbspwater
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cucumber
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 sweet potato (and a dash of coriander for seasoning)
- Green beans
- Buns (toasted)
- Olive oil
- Organic Tahinni Salad Dressing
- Chop sweet potato. Drizzle Olive Oil. Place on baking sheet. Place in oven on 400 degrees, approx. 30 min.
- Bring Quinoa and Rice to a boil together in one pot.
- In a separate pot bring Black Beans to a boil with cilantro.
- Dice veggies (garlic, carrots, green peppers)
- When finished, drain beans. Use a food processor to mix rice/quinoa, black beans, carrots, garlic, herbal seasonings, flax seeds, and about 2 tbsp of broth. Save the rest of your garlic for green beans.
- When food has a sticky consistency, form into patties and place on baking sheet. Repeat these steps until finished.
- Add patties to oven with sweet potatoes, bake 15-30 min.
- In a non-stick skillet, add olive oil on med-hi heat. When hot enough, add green beans. Saute and add salt, pepper, herbal seasonings. Add garlic near the end.
- By the time the beans are finished, everything else should be done. Remove sweet potatoes and patties from the oven.
- Dress up your patties on your buns and add your favorite salad dressing or sauce on top.
Serve and enjoy!! 🙂