Have you ever wanted to create your own breakfast bars AND save money? I know how you feel. I thought of this idea when I was sitting in my car in the grocery store’s parking lot AFTER I bought all of my groceries. I said to myself, “I forgot to get granola bars!…I’m not about to go back into that busy store. I’d rather make them.” Little did I know that I was speaking my sarcastic idea into existence.
I browsed on one of my phone’s cooking apps and searched for Oatmeal Bars. I saw an easy Banana and Oatmeal Bar. I glanced at the ingredients and knew that making these oatmeal breakfasts bars would be a walk in the park. I just needed to add my own tweeks to it. Right next to the grocery store was Dollar Tree. I thought that maybe Dollar Tree would have Oatmeal, Parchment Paper, and Craisins. I had the rest of the ingredients at home. How amazing was it that found just what I needed for only $3.14!!
If you are like me and are seeking to make your own food, try this SUPER EASY recipe! It’s a tasty treat packed with potassium that will give you a kick of joy to start your day. Have one or two while on the way to work, or as a snack, or as a dessert! Have fun with it! Your body will thank you.
Servings: 6 (2 each)
Time: Prep 10 min, Bake 30 min
- Shredded Coconut
- Instant Oatmeal (or your preferred rolled oats)
- Brown Sugar
- Almond Extract
Step #1 – Combine and Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- 2 cups of Instant Oatmeal (or your preferred rolled oats)
- 2 ripened bananas
- Mashed walnuts
- Shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp flax seeds w/ 3-4 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mash bananas until creamy.
- Add oats, walnuts, craisins, shredded coconut, brown sugar, almond extract, and flax seeds.
- Stir all ingredients together with a spoon or with your hands.
- Line a small glass dish or pan with parchment paper. Spread ingredients into place evenly.
- Bake for 30 min. Then remove from oven to cool down.