I cannot believe that I just baked a Vegan Blackberry Banana Bread! I mean, I can believe it. But WOW! This was actually pretty fun and quick and it turned out unique. Bare with me. This is my first time baking bread. It was not perfect, but practice makes perfection. I found a similar recipe – Vegan Blueberry Banana Bread – and of course I had to add my own kick to it.
If you are looking for a more healthier and lighter bread to eat, you should definitely give this recipe a try. You don’t need much baking experience and you don’t need many ingredients. Check out the recipe below!
Servings: 4 (2 slices each)
Time: Prep 20 min, Bake 45 min
- Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (Or wheat flour, all purpose flour)
- Organic Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Almond Extract
- Coconut Oil
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Flax seeds (or ground flax seeds)
- 2 Ripened Bananas
- 1 Fresh Lemon
Step #1 – Flaxseed Mixture
Combine 2 tbsp. flaxseed with 6 tbsp. water
Step #2 – Wet Ingredients
- 2 ripened bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon
- flaxseed mixture
- Mash bananas in bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients together with bananas.
Step #3 – Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gradually combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- As you stir the mixture, add sliced black berries.
- Mixture should be in between think and thin. It should not be too watery. If this happens, add more dry ingredients.
Step #4 – Preheat Oven to 350 degrees & Transfer to pan for baking.
I used parchment paper because I ran out of coconut oil. I just lightly rubbed Olive Oil on the parchment paper.
Step #5 – Wait
Bake on 350 degrees for 45min – 1 hour
Step #6 – Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Don’t forget to dress the bread with fresh strawberries and drizzle Agave on top!