Nutritional Benefits of Sweet Potatoes:
- Vitamin A
- Dietary fiber – smooth digestion
- Rich in beta-carotene – a red-orange pigment found in plants and fruits; maintain healthier skin
- Reduce heart strokes
- Removes heavy metals from body
Time: Prep 10 min, Cook 15 min
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Zucchini chopped
- 3/4 Squash chopped
- 1 cup of both Quinoa and Brown Rice with 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 of a Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 of a Green Bell Pepper chopped
- Dash of Onion chopped
- 1 minced Garlic Clove
- 1 tbs Grapeseed Oil or Olive Oil
- Dash of Coriander Seasoning
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Dash of Herbal Seasonings: Dried Basil, Oregano
- Slice Sweet Potatoes in bite size pieces. Place on cooking sheet. Drizzle oil on top. Place in oven (or toaster oven) on 450 degree heat for 30 min.
- Bring Quinoa and Brown Rice together to a boil.
- While everything is cooking, chop up veggies.
- Check on sweet potatoes over time. If they are a bit soft, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet, add oil to pan. Saute veggies until they are golden. Add seasonings once near finished.
- Remove everything from heat.
Serve and enjoy! 🙂