Can I just say “WOW!“? How long has it been since I’ve made a blog? About a month? Well, since I’m coming back I might as well come back with a BANG! Tonight I’ve decided to create specially made Cacao Granola Nut Bars. I promised myself that I would create homemade raw chocolate. I kept putting it off. I’ve even told myself that it is time to create my own homemade raw granola bars. Finally, I’ve completed that. So I’ve killed two birds in one stone. I made homemade raw chocolate and granola bars 👍🏾.
If you’re looking for something simple, fun, and fulfilling, I guarantee you will enjoy my Cacao Granola Nut Bars! This is perfect for any season of the year. I actually shop on a budget, so pretty much everything you find in this recipe is under $5. Also, not everything was purchased in one day. Most of ingredients will last you a very long time depending on how much you use them. Any who, grab your kids because they’re gonna have a blast making this recipe. Let’s get to mixing!
Time: Prep – 1 hour, Freezer – 2+ hours, Fridge – 4+ hours
- Raw Granola (Aldi)
- Kamut Puffs (or rice cakes, or wheat rice puffs – found at Whole Foods)
- Cacao Powder (TJMaxx)
- Dried Cranberries (Aldi)
- Pitted Dates (Aldi)
- Mixed Nuts (Aldi)
- Shredded Coconuts (Dollar Tree)
- Canned Coconut Milk (local farmer’s market)
- Almond Extract (or vanilla extract – Aldi)
- Ground Cinnamon (Walmart or Publix)
- Sea Salt (Aldi)
- Coriander (Whole Foods)
- Light Muscovado Sugar (or brown sugar – found at local farmer’s market)
- Pecan Meal (local farmer’s market)
- Light Agave Nectar (Aldi)
- Pure Honey (Aldi)
- Chia Seeds (local farmer’s market)
- Flax Seeds (local farmer’s market)
- Food Processor (or blender)
- Baking pan or dish
- Plastic Wrap
Step #1 – Soak chia seeds and flax seeds
I used 5 tbsp flax seed and 2 tbsp chia seeds
Step #2 – Create cacao chocolate mix
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 4 tbsp canned coconut milk (or water)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- tiny dash of sea salt
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
Combine all ingredients and whisk.
Step #3 – Blend main ingredients
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup kamut puffs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 large pitted dates (diced)
- 1/4 cup pecan meal
- 5 tbsp flax seeds (soaked)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (soaked)
Blend ingredients in food processor. Make sure ingredients are only blended for about 3 seconds. Mixture should turn out in large chunks.
Step #4 – From dry to sticky
Transfer blended mixture to a bowl. Now add in sticky ingredients. Measure everything by eye. This mixture should be sticky enough to hold dry ingredients together.
- 3 -4 tbsp honey
- 3-4 tbsp light agave nectar
- 1 tsp sea salt
Step #5 – Set and wait
Transfer sticky mixture to a pan. Press down with a spoon for firmness. Drizzle chocolate mixture on top with a spoon. Set in freezer for 2 hours or more OR refrigerate for 4 hours or more.
Step #6 – serve and enjoy! 😊
Looking for more ideas to for left over chocolate? Try this!:
Hungry for more? Check out more of my recipes here.