I must say that this dish served well as a starter for a family dinner. With the fresh mixture of vegetables and lasting flavor, this Black Bean Salad gives a curve to the appetite.
Once well prepared and cooled down, grab a bowl of this Black Bean Salad. Treat yourself to a nice day outside by a nice body of water. Lie in the grass and munch yourself away. You deserve a few hours to close your eyes and breathe in God’s fresh air.
If you don’t have access to a nice body of water, then find your favorite place to relax in peace. Let no one interrupt your moment of quiet time. Enjoy a bowl of this Black Bean Salad and let your soul be satisfied.
I’ve been given great compliments about this dish. So I am sure you will enjoy this dish as well.
- Black Beans – healthier appearance, protein, cancer preventative, lowers cholesterol, fiber, potassium (helps for hypertensives)
- Avocado – digestion, lowers blood cholesterol, healthy fat
- Green Bell Peppers – fiber, vitamin C & E,
- Red Bell Peppers – vitamin C, beta-carotene,
- Corn – lowers cholesterol, digestion increase
- Lime -lowers high blood pressure, treats indigestion
Reference: Heinerman’s Encyclopedia of Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs by John Heinerman
Black Bean Salad
Time: Prep – 15 min
Serving: 1 cup = 15, 1 small bowl = 5
- 2 Canned Organic Black Beans
- 2 Avocados
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 large green bell pepper
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 large orange bell pepper
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Dice bell peppers and avocado.
- Rinse black beans and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Season with choice of herbs.
- Steam corn and add pinch of salt.
- Add all vegetables to a large bowl. Sprinkle lime juice and stir.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Serve and Enjoy! 🙂