As we are transitioning from winter to spring, there has been a flu bug floating around. I am not a fan of sickness. In preventing myself from getting sick, I made a Spicy Mushroom Medicine Soup to cure any germs trying to develop in my body. This was definitely quick, easy, and inexpensive. I went to my local Farmer’s Market to get all of my vegetables and I went to Aldi to get my vegetable broth. The ginger brought a powerful bang to the flavor and the garlic brought a soothing taste to my tastebuds. The cayenne pepper add a spark of spice as well. I ate 2 bowls in one setting. It was that good! Check out this recipe if you are coming down with a cold or if you just want a simple home made soup.
Remember, when fighting sickness:
- Ginger helps with digestion and bloating
- Garlic helps with congestion and the immune system as a whole
- Cayenne Pepper helps is anti-fungal and helps with congestion
Time: 30 min
- 4 Boxes of 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 stalks of green onion
- 1 small batch of sliced Bella mushrooms
- 1 garlic
- small stem of ginger root
- Seasonings: Cayenne pepper, parsley flakes, oregano, bay leaf, salt
- Wash and chop all vegetables – Garlic and ginger is minced.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add seasonings
- Cayenne Pepper
- Parsley Flakes
- 4 bay leaves
Serve and enjoy. 🙂
Click for more inexpensive, quick, and easy health recipes.
Check out my latest blog: Propped Doors
Breakfast – Raw Cacao Granola Nut Bars
Lunch – Purple Cabbage Bowls
Smoothies – Sweet Berry Smoothie